[vox] HP touts Linux 'for the real world', sets record with $2.5B Linux-based revenue

Bill Kendrick vox@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 16 Jan 2004 04:36:27 -0800

On Fri, Jan 16, 2004 at 03:56:50AM -0800, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 15, 2004 at 09:16:19PM -0800, Dave Margolis wrote:
> > Not all models are supported, but a very good number (most?) of them
> > are.  My DeskJet 825c works great.  There is an OS X port of these drivers
> > too.
>
> BTW, I've got it working, with HPIJS now, too.  I'm using Debian Woody,
> 'lpr' and 'magicfilter', along with 'hpijs' now.  Results on my
> HP Deskjet 882c are much better!  (Parallel port, for the curious...)

Okay, I was so happy with the results, that I documented what I did
(much like my last post), and put up a couple of scans.  Notice how much
better the grey looks now!!!

  http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/bill/misc/hpijs/

My next printer will again be an HP, I think ;)

-bill!