[vox] Meeting wrap-up

Bill Kendrick vox@lists.lugod.org
Wed, 7 Jan 2004 01:11:46 -0800

Great turn-out tonight!  I don't have the final count in front of me[*],
but sufficed to say, we had to start pulling more chairs out of the closet
as people kept pouring in. :^)  Glad people are back in the groove!

We purchased the Mini-ITX system from Dave Margolis (who also dontated
three books and a stack of Knoppix discs).  We colleged just under $50 in
donations, so this meeting alone paid for almost half of the system!!!
(Man, it's so light, too!)

Michael's MySQL basics talk went well, though lots of not-so-basic questions
were asked.  Michael (or someone else)... wanna do an "Advanced MySQL" talk
some time soon? :^)

Mark Kim offered to maybe do an autoconf/automake talk at one of the upcoming
meetings, as well.  (Let me know if you've decided for sure, Mark)

Happy New Year, and see you all at the anniversary meeting later this month!

-bill!
[*] I'm totally guessing, but maybe around 40 people?