[vox] webhosting/shell recomendations?

Micah J. Cowan vox@lists.lugod.org
Thu, 1 Jan 2004 20:02:04 -0800

On Thu, Jan 01, 2004 at 10:01:33PM +0000, Rob Rogers wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 01, 2004 at 12:55:50PM -0800, Micah J. Cowan wrote:
> > Calweb.com is good.
>
> I always thought they were just a access provider... From what I'm
> seeing on their site, even their basic hosting package comes with dialup
> (not that that's a problem, but it looks like they're more focused on
> the access and not the hosting) Plus, 10MB disk space is incredibly low
> for a $22/month hosting service.

Yes, they are mainly focused on dialup, but I knew they provided
hosting. Didn't realize that they didn't have hosting packages that
don't include dialup.

I thought I'd remembered their packages being a good deal cheaper than
what you describe above, but haven't checked into it for a while (I'm
using johncompanies.com for hosting, which I haven't mentioned since
they don't fit your needs as stated).

--
Micah J. Cowan
micah@cowan.name