[vox] webhosting/shell recomendations?

Mark K. Kim vox@lists.lugod.org
Thu, 1 Jan 2004 11:39:25 -0800 (PST)

I (as well as several others on the list) use sonic.net.  Having a
separate domain name is extra, and can get expensive.  But the shell's
great.  I also get static IP DSL from them.  The whole package is $60-ish.
http://www.sonic.net/sales

I also webmaster our church website.  We use olm.net.  It's really
cost-effective as you get your own domain name (of course, you pay for the
domain name itself separately).  The shell is decent, but can have high
latency at times when there's lots of activities on the system.  Shell
program selection is limited as it's primarily a web hosting service.  But
the web hosting aspect of it has all the goodies like php, cgi, whatever.

-Mark