[vox] webhosting/shell recomendations?

Rod Roark vox@lists.lugod.org
Thu, 1 Jan 2004 12:25:54 -0800

On Thursday 01 January 2004 10:22 am, MB wrote:
> Speaking of static DSL... Omsoft is offering static IP DSL for $35/mo
> and they will even put a reverse DNS entry in without fuss.

As far as I can tell the reverse DNS is not a big deal.

With a typical ISP the reverse lookup will get you something
like "adsl-64-142-15-254.sonic.net".  Since many IP
addresses are used by multiple host/domain names, there's
hardly anyone who cares if doing a reverse lookup produces
a specific name.

However you do want the reverse lookup to produce
_something_.  There are some mail servers out there that
will not talk to you otherwise.

-- Rod
   http://www.sunsetsystems.com/