[OT] Too many video games (was Re: [vox] cheating at quake)

Nicole TWN vox@lists.lugod.org
Tue, 10 Feb 2004 13:38:41 -0800

At 11:59 AM 2/10/2004, you wrote:
>heh.  my friend's ex-room mate got so good at q3a that he started to
>enter competitions.  played so much quake that he flunked two quarters
>of classes at UCD.  all his classes.  ended up getting kicked out of
>UCD.

How much Quake was THAT?  I ask because, given the right major, one can get
away with an awful lot of game time.  One of my former roommates, a
Classics major, had enough free time to play a LOT of Mario Kart.  She had
enough time to determine which players were better on which racetracks,
whereas I was not 100% sure how to stay on the road.
So, yeah, if you're an Biology & Electrical Engineering double major or
something when you first take up Quake, you might have a dearth of gaming
time, but it seems like you could "solve" that problem by switching to
Basket Weaving or something equally lightweight.  Presto... game time!

--n twn