[vox] IMPORTANT: Meeting moved tonight!

Micah J. Cowan micah at cowan.name
Mon Dec 20 22:17:27 PST 2004

On Mon, Dec 20, 2004 at 08:38:42PM -0800, Dmitriy wrote:
> On Monday 20 December 2004 18:10, Marianne Waage wrote:
> > Hey guys,
> >
> > Bill just called and asked me to let people know that the Davis Library
> > is closed tonight, Monday 12/20. The meeting will be held at Crepeville
> > instead.
> >
> > A note will be posted at the Library indicating this change in location.
> >
> > Sorry for any inconvenience.
>
> As a follow up to that, me and Emily were camping the library for the speaker
> till around 18:45, but only two people showed up, and no speaker.
>
> We were around Crepeville till 19:10 or so, but didnt see anyone from lugod.
>
> That was pretty much it for the meeting.

Huh. I did /not/ see you guys at Crepeville.

We were extremely late (for the meeting), but we were definitely at
Crepeville before 7pm. I sat with my brother-in-law at the table
immediately in front of the counter. Of course, after I knew we were
meeting (?) at the Crepeville, I wasn't really planning on speaking
any more...

The note wasn't extremely visible (I realize it was probably the best
one could do on short notice), and I expect that most people, upon
seing the empty lot, just went home.

For my part, it's just as well: gives me more time to prepare the
talk--I didn't have time to polish it as much as I wished to.

Bill (or whoever), you wanna pencil me in for a different date?

--
Micah J. Cowan
micah at cowan.name