[vox] LTSP and Schools

Steve Hargadon vox@lists.lugod.org
Mon, 19 Apr 2004 15:03:45 -0700

I refurbish used Dell computers for schools and school districts as a
business (www.PCs4Schools.com).

I just received a demo K12-LTSP system (pre-configured server, one old pc,
network cards, etc.) from a company that is actively marketing the LTSP
solution to schools--or wants to be.  I set it up and was really impressed,
but there is much that I don't know.  I am putting a couple of old computers
on the network and am going to let my kids play with them to see what they
like and what they don't.

Is anyone on this list actively working on this?  Since I sell used PC's
(our specialty is the Dell Optiplex), I'm considering buying a large
quantity of low-end, identical Optiplexes to keep in stock that could be
quickly set up for this kind of a situation and sold for $50 each or so.
I'm trying to find someone who would know if there is a market for this.  Or
maybe an opportunity to test this on a larger scale?

Thanks for any time,

Steve

Steve Hargadon
Hargadon Computer, Inc.