[vox] Invite your friends to LUGOD!

Bill Kendrick vox@lists.lugod.org
Mon, 5 Apr 2004 22:40:56 -0700

A while back I was giving away a piece of hardware, and the fellow who wanted
it agreed to pick it up at a LUGOD meeting.  He said he had thought of
attending previously, so this was a good excuse.

Talking with Henry House and his father about this incident, I kind of thought
having an "Bring your Friends to LUGOD!" meeting might be an interested
attempt to get other /almost/-attendees to come to their first meeting,
which may get them hooked on the idea. :^)

So, since tomorrow's topic will be pretty basic (and kind of a "see, Linux
ain't so hard!" presentation), why not let's make it our first attempt at...

  Bring your Friends to LUGOD day!!!

;^)

Okay, so some of you might think this idea stinks.  Hopefully there will
be others who disagree, and maybe even succeed in prodding a classmate,
coworker or family memeber to finally drop into a meeting and see that
no, Linux users DON'T bite!

If they're afraid of the acronym (KDE), just tell them that... uh...
it's German!  Yeah, German for:

  Komputer Der Einfach ist

"Computer that's easy"

Hehe...  (oh boy, I hope I don't irritate too many people with that
hellishly botched German fakery!)  ;^)

-bill!
bill@newbreedsoftware.com              Have you visited the Linux Users' Group
http://newbreedsoftware.com/bill/        of Davis yet!?  http://www.lugod.org/