[vox] Reducing spams for us...

Jeremy Turner vox@lists.lugod.org
Thu, 25 Sep 2003 17:44:39 -0700

--=-iuPV68XUle4GP47Tf25B

On Thu, 2003-09-25 at 16:51, Mark K. Kim wrote:
The default Evolution 1.4.4 (or 1.4 something) uses thus--^
> hey guys...
>=20
> it would really help us to reduce spams if we didn't post people's e-mail
> addresses in our messages.  E-mail addresses in messages like:
<snip>
> I'm okay with the spam levels right now but I know many of you have
> spam problems and it would be beneficial to everyone if we followed
> these simple guidelines.  Thanks.

Do you have a separate account or alias for tracking what sources give
you spam?

I think it was on Yahoo Groups that they strip everything after the @
sign when displaying the message on a web page.  That would be a good
feature if pipermail(?) or other mail archiving programs did that.  Or
if they html escaped all email addresses. :-)

Looking back through my archives of this list (randomly picking out
replies), I didn't see any inclusion of email addresses in reply lines.=20
Could you cite which ones are problematic?  Maybe it's only one or two
clients.

Jeremy
--=20
Jeremy Turner <jeremy@linuxwebguy.com>