[vox] Crashing Dells?

Marianne Waage vox@lists.lugod.org
Sat, 20 Sep 2003 10:11:36 -0700

On Sat, Sep 20, 2003 at 10:00:38AM -0700, Robert G. Scofield wrote:
> I recently ran into someone with a brand new Dell Inspiron.  I asked him how
> he liked it, and he said he didn't like it.  He said it crashed all the time.

I had a Dell Inspiron 3800 (which I sold to Doug) which never crashed on
me. I think construction wise it could have been built better though, but
the Inspiron line is their cheapest line.

I also currently own a Latitude X200 which I am extremely pleased with,
both in its construction and in its stability.

However, I do know that you have to be careful when picking which Dell
model you get, as their construction can be lacking, even within the
Latitude line. But the X200 was pretty cheap even with the inhouse 3
year warrantee, so I'm not really worried.

I've never heard of Dells being particularly crash-prone though. Was he
running Windows? :)

-Marianne