[vox] PowerMac 8100/110

Ken Bloom vox@lists.lugod.org
Sat, 13 Sep 2003 21:16:59 -0700

--9amGYk9869ThD9tj

I had the good fortune on move-in day that I found a discarded PowerMac=20
8100/110 in the trash outside my apartment. Upon pluging it in and=20
turning it on (headless) I heard it make the happy-macintosh chime, so=20
I think it's usable. This prompts the question of what I should do with=20
it.

I'm buying the appropriate adapters to connect it to the network and to=20
connect it to a standard SVGA monitor, and I was thinking about=20
bringing it to the installfest so we could all get some experience=20
installing ${DISTRO}, a PowerPC based linux distribution on it.

To do this, I need:
(a) A ride to the installfest
(b) A suggestion to fill in ${DISTRO}. What would you guys like to gain=20
experience installing on it?

--=20
My key was last signed 6/10/2003. If you use GPG, *please* see me about=20
--9amGYk9869ThD9tj

--9amGYk9869ThD9tj--