[vox] Re: ipod - what's the big deal?

vox@lists.lugod.org vox@lists.lugod.org
Sat, 25 Oct 2003 16:16:31 -0700

On Sat 25 Oct 03,  4:10 PM, Micah J. Cowan <micah@cowan.name> said:
> On Sat, Oct 25, 2003 at 01:22:56PM -0700, Charles McLaughlin wrote:
> > I don't have an iPod, but one feature that I think is cool is the ability
> > to use it as a portable usb or firwire hard drive.
>
> Many other MP3 devices also have this functionality.
>
> -Micah

yeah.  the ipod just sounds like hype.  the mp3 player that my friend
has is almost as small and sounds just as convenient (one hand intuitive
operation).  but it's triple the drive space at nearly half the cost.

i was thinking that there was so much ballyhoo about the ipod that maybe
it was a linux embedded device or something like that...

pete