[vox] ipod - what's the big deal?

Shwaine vox@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 24 Oct 2003 16:01:03 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 p@dirac.org wrote:

> what about the ipod makes them so newsworthy?

As with many popular things, don't discount the fad factor. Logic often
does not figure in the fad factor, nor does economics. In fact, there is a
high fad factor surrounding the iPod IMO. I mean, just look at another
fad, the new Volkswagen Beetle... it had that summer "pods unite" campaign
with getting an iPod plus connectivity kit with a new Beetle purchase.

I imagine with the launch of Windows iTunes that the iPod will only grow
in popularity until other pay for download music services that allow the
music to be put on many portable devices becomes popular.