[vox] [fwd] Invitation - IBM WebSphere and e-business on demand Competitive Technical Briefing in Walnut Creek on Oct. 27

Bill Kendrick vox@lists.lugod.org
Wed, 8 Oct 2003 13:20:17 -0700

IBM just sent me this. Enjoy

----- Forwarded message from Karen C Lee <leekc@us.ibm.com> -----

This event is complimentary, open to all and has been a big success
throughout North America, Europe and Asia, drawing over 5,000 to date in
2003 to hear the competitive advantages of IBM Software over offerings from
Microsoft, BEA, TIBCO and others.

The briefing features live demonstrations of virtually the entire IBM
Software lineup integrated together and side-by-side demos and comparisons
with competitor software.

Attendees will receive CDs containing trial versions of IBM tools and
middleware products, a t-shirt and lunch will be provided.
Registration and the agenda are available at
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/offers/techbriefings?S_TACT=103AMW15&S_CMP=saug

Thank you,
Karen

Invitation:
IBM WebSphere and e-business on demand Competitive Technical Briefing in
Walnut Creek on Oct. 27

Please join the IBM Competitive Technology Laboratory for a complimentary,
full-day complimentary briefing to see how WebSphere and the rest of IBM's
software brands enable your IT infrastructure to be an on demand operating
environment.   You will see a broad view of IBM's integrated middleware and
learn how the products work together today to implement the IT
infrastructure of an on demand e-business that we call Friendly Finance.
You will see live demonstrations of WebSphere, DB2, Lotus and Tivoli
software and side by side comparisons with demos of software from other
vendors.  Join us to see how IBM software compares to offerings from
Microsoft, BEA and TIBCO.

Space is limited, please register today at
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/offers/techbriefings?S_TACT=103AMW15&S_CMP=saug
When you attend, you will receive trial versions of IBM tools and
middleware products and a t-shirt.

Time:     9:00am - 5:00pm, continental breakfast and lunch will be
provided.
The agenda for the day is available at
http://www.ibm.com/developerWorks/offers/techbriefings/

Location:
Marriott Walnut Creek
2355 North Main Street
Walnut Creek, CA 94596

Through a set of meaningful scenarios that drive business requirements, we
will explore various topics such as Web Services, supporting .NET, employee
and customer portals, collaboration, systems management, automated
computing, data management, performance and scalability.  We will also
discuss WebSphere Studio and Rational tools, their role in developing
applications and WebSphere Business Integration and how it can tie all of
your applications and systems together effectively and efficiently.

The cities and dates for the upcoming Briefings are included below:
|-------------+------------------------|
|Date         |City                    |
|-------------+------------------------|
| Oct. 10     | Detroit                |
|-------------+------------------------|
| Oct. 24     | Phoenix                |
|-------------+------------------------|
| Oct. 24     | Honolulu               |
|-------------+------------------------|
| Oct. 27     | Walnut Creek           |
|-------------+------------------------|
| Oct. 29     | Austin                 |
|-------------+------------------------|
| Oct. 31     | Denver                 |
|-------------+------------------------|
| Nov. 3      | Miami                  |
|-------------+------------------------|
| Nov. 5      | Tysons Corner, Virginia|
|-------------+------------------------|
| Nov. 7      | Philadelphia           |
|-------------+------------------------|
| Nov. 11     | Cincinnati             |
|-------------+------------------------|
| Nov. 13     | Chicago                |
|-------------+------------------------|
| Nov. 18     | Raleigh                |
|-------------+------------------------|
| Nov. 20     | Atlanta                |
|-------------+------------------------|

Continue to visit http://www.ibm.com/developerWorks/offers/techbriefings/
for additional cities and dates.

Would you like to know the answers to these questions?

      What is an on demand business and why should your company be one?
      What benefits will your company see when you link business needs with
      technology?
      How can you integrate disparate business and IT processes to gain
      business flexibility?
      Can technology help you reduce costs and increase business
      responsiveness?
      Can on demand redefine the way you acquire and manage computing?
      What is .NET and why is WebSphere a better server side solution?
      How can DB2 make all of your data appear as if it resides in a single
      place?
      How does Lotus collaboration software enable your business to be
      agile and efficient?
      How can Rational and WebSphere Studio tools double your developer's
      productivity?
      How can Tivoli systems management help you see IT and business goals
      as one?
      Which has better performance, WebSphere, .NET or WebLogic?
      How do you build the type of computing environment that an on demand
      business requires?

If these questions intrigue you, then invest your time in attending this
e-business on demand Competitive Technical Briefing.

Continue to visit http://www.ibm.com/developerWorks/offers/techbriefings/
for a list of cities and dates and to register for the e-business on demand
Competitive Technical Briefing.

Please pass this invitation along to your friends and colleagues.

best regards,

Karen

----- End forwarded message -----

-bill!