[vox] my mother has seen the light

Edward Elliott vox@lists.lugod.org
Tue, 25 Nov 2003 08:42:23 -0800

Lindows is specifically targeted as a Linux distribution that will be a Windows replacement for the non-technical user. Take a look at the product at http://www.lindows.com . One assumption is that the user has a high speed connection to the internet so that the one-click software update / install process works easily. If your Mom has a dial-up connection, then this is probably not a good solution. You can find pre-installed Lindows machines at WalMart.
----- Original Message -----
From: Katie <krwright1@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 07:01:47 -0800 (PST)
To: vox <vox@lists.lugod.org>
Subject: [vox] my mother has seen the light

Re: My mother has finally given up on Windows since a virus invaded her
Re: computer allowing pop up windows to proliferate to the point she couldn't
Re: close them down fast enough and a porn site somehow managed to establish
Re: itself as her wallpaper.  She's ready to try linux, but she's a little
Re: leary.  I want to make it as easy as possible on her so she doesn't feel
Re: like she has to go back to Windows.  So here's what she's looking for:
Re:
Re: 1.  A version of linux that works well for someone who feels she has
Re: absolutely no programming skills.
Re:
Re: 2.  The closest LUG to Alameda, CA
Re:
Re: Thanks,
Re: Katie
Re:
Re: =====
Re: --
Re: Only two things are necessary to keep a redhead happy.
Re: One is to let her think she is having her own way,
Re: and the other is to let her have it. :-)
Re:
Re: Do you Yahoo!?
Re: Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now
Re: http://companion.yahoo.com/