[vox] OT: Contemplating the unthinkable...

vox@lists.lugod.org vox@lists.lugod.org
Thu, 13 Nov 2003 13:29:10 -0800

On Thu, Nov 13, 2003 at 01:30:45PM -0800, zeruch@damagestudios.com wrote:
> MS is in more hot water than they would appear to be.  They are not going
> to go away, but one has to wonder if they are going to go the route of
> ATT (an eventual break leading to an extreme penalty imposed upon them) or
> IBM (capitulation to pressure and a refocusing of the company)

My thoughts exactly; well said!  They'll either roast themselves like
Sun has been doing (with the 'Not Made Here' mentality), or pull an IBM
and turn into a company that treats its customers like customers, rather
than like a necessary evil.