[vox] SCO suing IBM over their Linux activity

Matthew Johnson vox@lists.lugod.org
31 May 2003 09:28:15 -0700

<snip>
> I'm an IBM employee.  It's my understanding that they have a policy of not
> commenting on any potential no comment policies.  ;-)
>
> My entirely personal impression is that IBM has quite a bit of hard earned
> experience about how to fight and win court battles.  And they're
> anal-retentive (in the good way?) about avoiding anything questionable in
> the first place.  Basically, you have to be slightly insane to pick a legal
> fight with Big Blue.  SCO apparently qualifies. <shrug>
>
> (P.S. - I know nothing more about the case than what I get from external
> sources, and that's probably for the best.)
>
> --Matthew
> infinite@sigalrm.com

Its a strange case, they mentioned (don't have the source as I am off
out soon) that they didn't consider suing until they started making
money and showed a profit. Of course that profit was most likely before
this debacle.

Just seems like a FUD campaign orchestrated by another player...

Matt