[vox] Regarding the Subjects & Message List

Ken Bloom vox@lists.lugod.org
Wed, 7 May 2003 21:51:52 -0700

--SUOF0GtieIMvvwua

On 2003.05.07 14:29, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> On Wed, May 07, 2003 at 02:15:01PM -0700, OH wrote:
> > You linux folks are very saavy, and creative. Seems as though
> > it would be possible to have a messageboard template, indented
> > replies under the main post.
>=20
> Sounds like you want some message threading done in the message
> digest...?
>=20
> Hrm.  Not having used the digest, I never thought much about it, but
> it
> sounds like a neat idea.
>=20

The problem I can forsee with this is that we send out digests in the=20
middle of the thread, and we don't repeat older messages in the threads.

I used to use digest mode and didn't have a problem with it. Then I=20
wanted SpamAssassin (a week before UCD installed it on their server) so=20
I setup fetchmail, spamassassin, and procmail, and I resubscribed to=20
vox* in blow-by-blow mode, because I could now filter vox* to its own=20
folder. (And I get threading, and I don't get mangled quoted-printable=20
messages anymore, and I don't have to pipe messages through my own=20
custom vox script in order to reply anymore)

--=20
Fingerprint: D5E2 8839 6ED3 3305 805C  941F 9476 A9BD E2B2 CAD1
The key is keyID E2B2CAD1 on pgp.mit.edu
--SUOF0GtieIMvvwua

--SUOF0GtieIMvvwua--