[vox] Regarding the Subjects & Message List

Bill Kendrick vox@lists.lugod.org
Wed, 7 May 2003 14:29:11 -0700

On Wed, May 07, 2003 at 02:15:01PM -0700, OH wrote:
> You linux folks are very saavy, and creative. Seems as though
> it would be possible to have a messageboard template, indented
> replies under the main post.

Sounds like you want some message threading done in the message digest...?

Hrm.  Not having used the digest, I never thought much about it, but it
sounds like a neat idea.

Personally, I let the messages come to me as they get posted to the list.
My e-mail client, Mutt, threads them for me.  (It's nice because I can
delete an entire thread all at once; move an entire thread to another
folder all at once, etc.)

Also, our web-based archives of the mailing lists has a thread mode, too.

...Not that any of this is exactly what you want, but you might find it
useful... :^)

As for our ability to tweak the mailing list software to do this, I'm sure
somewhere around here we have the skills.  Unfortunately, we are lacking
greatly in spare time, what with all of the events and projects we're
working on. :^/

At the very least, though, maybe one of us officers can suggest it as
a feature-request to the folks who are actually actively developing the
software.  (Viva Open Source! ;^) )

-bill!
root@lugod.org
http://www.lugod.org/