[vox] Wrong List: Looking for Part Time IT Consultant

Mike Simons vox@lists.lugod.org
Tue, 06 May 2003 19:05:29 -0400

--S6vg04ofUPzW4qJg

On Tue, May 06, 2003 at 03:59:27PM -0700, Micah J. Cowan wrote:
> On Tue, May 06, 2003 at 06:10:00PM -0400, Mike Simons wrote:
> >   Unfortunately this listing appears to be Windows focused and wouldn't
> > belong there either...
>=20
> Speaking of which: I was just thinking earlier today that it's a shame
> that non-Linux-oriented jobs now have no real place; we used to allow
> them on vox...
>=20
> I realize that we are, first and foremost, a Linux-oriented group; but
> still, there may come job opportunities which I become aware of and
> feel that a lot of the folks at LUGOD would love to hear about,
> despite the fact that it may not be Linux-related.=20

Micah,

  Glad you brought up the discussion...  I'll hold off expressing my
opinion until other people have had a chance to reply.

> Could we change the
> rules so that non-Linux job opportunities are okay, but the
> subject-line has to be flagged or something?

- Which list are you suggesting non-Linux related jobs should be allowed?

--=20

--S6vg04ofUPzW4qJg

--S6vg04ofUPzW4qJg--