[vox] Wrong List: Looking for Part Time IT Consultant

Micah J. Cowan vox@lists.lugod.org
Tue, 6 May 2003 15:59:27 -0700

On Tue, May 06, 2003 at 06:10:00PM -0400, Mike Simons wrote:
> On Tue, May 06, 2003 at 12:54:03PM -0700, Nathan Johanson wrote:
> > Before I get into the kludge, let me state the main
> > point. We're hiring! I know this is a Linux list
> [snip]
>
>   LUGOD has a "vox-jobs" list for job posts, people looking for jobs or
> posting about should look there... to subscribe look at this page:
>
>   http://lists.lugod.org/vox-jobs/
>
>   Unfortunately this listing appears to be Windows focused and wouldn't
> belong there either...

Speaking of which: I was just thinking earlier today that it's a shame
that non-Linux-oriented jobs now have no real place; we used to allow
them on vox...

I realize that we are, first and foremost, a Linux-oriented group; but
still, there may come job opportunities which I become aware of and
feel that a lot of the folks at LUGOD would love to hear about,
despite the fact that it may not be Linux-related. Could we change the
rules so that non-Linux job opportunities are okay, but the
subject-line has to be flagged or something?

-Micah