[vox] directories - too much of a good thing?

Katie vox@lists.lugod.org
Sat, 22 Mar 2003 15:53:40 -0800 (PST)

> my home directory:
>
> academia: all stuff related to school, both as student and teacher
> cvs: stuff i build from cvs like quakeforge, scummvm, etc.
> doc: private notes and documentation
> etc: everything else
> lugod: all stuff related to running lugod
> Mail: mail
> multimedia: images, pictures, movies, shockwave stuff
> myprog: my personal programming projects

This is where my biggest problem lies.  I do programming for school
projects and I do some programs on my own, for testing what I'm learning
in school and for stuff I'm learning on my own.  First I had school
programs in a school directory and everything else in another directory,
but then I moved the school stuff over to my programs directory and had to
create tons of directories to keep it all separate, but when I want to
compare two programs I have to do some major hunting.  Even locate won't
work because I can't remember what names I used for the older school
programs or what project number they were in.

How do you break up this directory so it's organized but you can still
find stuff?

> rec: hobbies like guitar, D&D, gardening notes
> TransGaming_Drive: winex stuff
> writing: writing projects
>
> pete

Katie

=====
Only two things are necessary to keep a redhead happy.
One is to let her think she is having her own way,
and the other is to let her have it. :)