[vox] directories - too much of a good thing?

Bill Kendrick vox@lists.lugod.org
Sat, 22 Mar 2003 14:43:07 -0800

On Sat, Mar 22, 2003 at 02:06:22PM -0800, Katie wrote:
> I guess I'd just like to hear from other people as to
> how they set up their file systems, what works best, what doesn't, the
> more directories the better, keep them few and general.  Or is there some
> nifty little trick that I've totally missed?

I've become SO totally cluttered, it's a shame. :^(
My e-mail boxes are kind of arbitrary, my directories are full of
"foo", "tmp" and "x" subdirectories.

But, I somehow live with it. :^)  I plan to eventually clean it all up.
But hey, I plan to organize my office some day, too.  (Yeah, right!)

One thing that comes in mighty handy is the command-line tool 'locate' :^)