[vox] OT Never Winter Nights Client beta 1 available

Matthew Johnson vox@lists.lugod.org
Thu, 20 Mar 2003 16:53:10 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 20 Mar 2003, Michael J Wenk wrote:

> Actually, when you buy it, you're paying for a license to buy the game(both
> windows and linux versions.)  Its actually pretty fun if you're into
> roleplaying games, and with the toolset(Anyone know if the linux version is
> going to include the toolset as well?) and the # of modules out there, it
> has IMMENSE replayability.
>
> Before I get the linux version, Im curious:
>
> 1) Does it still require the windows version installed?  It was a major pita
> to copy over near a GB of data to get the linux server to run properly.

Bioware do not  have an installer, but some talented folks with time
managed to make a nice installer that can copy from the CD's for you.
This link may work:

http://nwn.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic.html?topic=201372&forum=72&sp=60

> 2) Will the linux version include the toolset?

No...But there is again an effort to get the Toolset working. As the Mac
version will not have it "OpenKnights" was formed:

nwn.sf.net

The webpage is rather on the ugly side...

This is for nwwine:

http://nwn.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic.html?topic=202796&forum=72

Not tried it yet as I am still stuck at work...

Matt