[vox] CD burn request for Saturday's demo

Robert G. Scofield vox@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 14 Mar 2003 10:06:20 -0800

On Friday 14 March 2003 01:32 am, Bill Kendrick wrote:

> If you _can_ burn stuff, let me know when/where to pick them up.
> (Or, just bring them to the Davis Food Co-Op during the demo on Saturday;
> 3pm-6pm at the Demo Kitchen)

I have a question.  When these Open Office CD's are handed out, are people
given instructions on how to install?  Here's why I ask.

I got my Open Office CD from some mail order place, and the CD has no install
instructions.  So I had to pull out my old Star Office 5.1 instructions.
There are about three different types of installations.  The best, if you
have more than one account on your machine, is the "network" install followed
up by the "user" install.  This gives a couple of megs of stuff for each user
who then accesses a central program.  This requires adding some type of
switch to the ./setup command.

I think I got my Star Office 5.1 instructions from my old Star Office CD.  So
where are people getting their install instructions?

Bob