[vox] [OT] pacbell making life miserable again

Rod Roark vox@lists.lugod.org
Thu, 26 Jun 2003 09:55:37 -0700

IANAB but it sounds like total bullshit to me.

Someone at Pac Bell processed your payment coupon and check
and credited your account with the wrong amount.  This
happens BEFORE your check clears your bank.

Perhaps THEIR bank does their data entry and screwed it up,
but that has nothing to do with YOUR bank.

Probably whoever did it mistyped the amount, which then made
its way to a computer-generated deposit listing, and your
bank (getting many thousands of these at a time) did not
examine the check closely enough to catch the error.

I wonder if you can sue in small claims court for lost
time.....

Cheers,
remote system administration services.