[vox] Geek yard sale

Peter Jay Salzman vox@lists.lugod.org
Wed, 25 Jun 2003 08:17:44 -0700

On Wed 25 Jun 03,  8:11 AM, Bill Kendrick <nbs@sonic.net> said:
> On Wed, Jun 25, 2003 at 07:31:14AM -0700, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> > we also need the rules of engagement.  do all proceeds go to lugod?
> > only 50%?   user defined?   user defined to the LUG of choice?
> >
> > i recommend against user defined.  it means more work and record keeping
> > for someone.
> >
> > i recommend simple: all proceeds to lugod.
>
> Simple is definitely... well... simpler. ;^)
>
> I doubt many people would mind, but then again I wanted to get traffic
> from SacLUG, RoseLUG and CSClub folks...
>
> Maybe we could make 75% proceeds go to LUGOD (e.g., for projector),
> 25% go to EFF?

hmmm...  at first i was going to object, but i like your angle.  in
fact, i like it alot.

75%  to get LUGOD a projector
25%  for the EFF

yes, i think that's an excellent idea!!!

> BTW - As for a date, I'm thinking July 26th or 27th,
> or Aug. 16th or 17th.  MAYBE Aug. 2nd or 3rd.  A little close to LWE tho.
>
> (And Aug. 9th and 10th are Picn*x12 and Calif. 4-H Conf, repsectively,
> so they're out)

i may be moving to the east coast in mid-august, so aug 16 and 17 might
be too late.   late july would be best for us...

pete