[vox] Geek yard sale

Bill Kendrick vox@lists.lugod.org
Wed, 25 Jun 2003 08:11:34 -0700

On Wed, Jun 25, 2003 at 07:31:14AM -0700, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> we also need the rules of engagement.  do all proceeds go to lugod?
> only 50%?   user defined?   user defined to the LUG of choice?
>
> i recommend against user defined.  it means more work and record keeping
> for someone.
>
> i recommend simple: all proceeds to lugod.

Simple is definitely... well... simpler. ;^)

I doubt many people would mind, but then again I wanted to get traffic
from SacLUG, RoseLUG and CSClub folks...

Maybe we could make 75% proceeds go to LUGOD (e.g., for projector),
25% go to EFF?

BTW - As for a date, I'm thinking July 26th or 27th,
or Aug. 16th or 17th.  MAYBE Aug. 2nd or 3rd.  A little close to LWE tho.

(And Aug. 9th and 10th are Picn*x12 and Calif. 4-H Conf, repsectively,
so they're out)