[vox] spam control: send email to confirm

Bill Kendrick vox@lists.lugod.org
Mon, 23 Jun 2003 13:25:04 -0700

On Mon, Jun 23, 2003 at 11:32:01AM -0700, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

> when someone sends you an email for the first time, they have to send a
> confirmation email to verify they're not a spammer.  after that, it
> keeps a record of people who confirmed themselves.  people are only
> asked to confirm once.

I e-mailed someone running something like this recently, and just ended up
getting "Reply to this to confirm you're not a spammer" messages every
time I replied.  I just gave up after about 3 tries.  Not sure if they ever
got my email :)