[vox] [OT] For Sale: WebTV unit

Bill Kendrick vox@lists.lugod.org
Sun, 22 Jun 2003 17:09:45 -0700

Ok, I've tried posting this to ucd.swap and ba.forsale, but apparently
not many people read either of those newsgroups. :^)

Anyway, I've got an older WebTV (now MSNTV (ugh)) web browsing appliance
for sale.  It's a Philips/Magnavox brand built in late 1998.

I'm selling it with all of the necessary cables (phone cable, phone splitter,
power, video and S-video cable), and remote controls (handheld remote and
remote/IR keyboard).

I don't believe I have the box or documentation anywhere (I had bought it
for my mom; when she passed away, my dad tried using it some, and decided
to go with computer + modem, instead, since he was trying to do some
actual business online :^)   So... it's changed hands a few times :^) )

However, it's pretty much plug-and-play.  Hook it to a TV, a phone line
and power, and it walks you through the steps...

So... Anyone want it?  I'm asking $35.00