[vox] [fwd] UUG SCO Protest

Micah J. Cowan vox@lists.lugod.org
Thu, 19 Jun 2003 14:15:01 -0700

On Thu, Jun 19, 2003 at 01:49:18PM -0700, Michael Wenk wrote:
> Given 90% of the SCO case is about advertising, I don't see why we are giving
> them freebies.  If anything we should be demonstrating at IBM and giving them
> publicity...

Yeah, it's publicity, but only idiots enjoy negative publicity (just
ask Gov. Davis). Yeah, it's about advertising, but if you ask me, it's
backfiring. I don't expect them to be around much longer...

Besides, regardless of whether it's in support or protest,
demonstrations can be annoying to those subjected to them; better to
annoy SCO than IBM ;)

-Micah