[vox] My Gimp talk handout online

Bill Kendrick vox@lists.lugod.org
Sat, 14 Jun 2003 19:45:39 -0700

On Thu, Jun 12, 2003 at 10:46:29AM -0700, Micah J. Cowan wrote:

> I was hoping you'd do something like that: have a feeling we'll lose
> ours. Sara was really excited about trying out all the new stuff she
> learned (she's never really played around with layers and other
> things). She does a lot of amazing things with Gimp, but she mainly
> uses the paintbrush and smudge tools almost exclusively!

Cool. :^)  Melissa does lots with The Gimp lately.  Our scanner and
the Wacom tablet I got her have been quite useful.  I wish _I_ could
draw, damnit! :^)

<snip>
> What I'd *really* love, though, is if someone did some talks on
> Script-Fu and writing C modules for GIMP. I know I can research all
> this online, but I won't have time anytime soon.

I'm TRYING to get ahold of 'Yosh', one of the big Gimp developers
who happens to be in the Bay Area.

No replies yet.  I'll have to ping him again.  I know he's alive.
I've seen him post to the Gimp newsgroup recently. ;)