[vox] Tour of Herakles Data Co-location Facility in Sacramento

Ricardo Anguiano vox@lists.lugod.org
Tue, 10 Jun 2003 16:54:58 -0700

Mike Simons <msimons@moria.simons-clan.com> writes:
> On Thu, Jun 05, 2003 at 11:26:02PM -0700, Mark K. Kim wrote:
>> I don't see any information on their website about prices or system specs
>> (or are you supposed to provide your own U-racks?)  Many places I've
>> checked out for colo give those information up-front but Herakles doesn't
>> seem to.  Why is that?
>
>   I don't know.  I was going to include some pricing information in
> the announcement, but they wanted to talk to interested parties
> individually.  So I imagine that pricing is either flexable or
> pricey.

I talked to them about colocation a few months ago and they quoted me
a price over the phone.  It was in the $1200-$1600 range for a full
rack.  I don't remember what sort of bandwidth came with those prices.

There was an article in the SacBee on them about that time.  It
appeared they were trying to position themselves as a premium data
center for large players with an emphasis on managed services.

--
Ricardo Anguiano
http://www.codesourcery.com