[vox] fun tech support call

vox@lists.lugod.org vox@lists.lugod.org
Mon, 2 Jun 2003 17:41:49 -0700 (PDT)

"60 Minutes" had a thing on how the top tech schools in India are more in
demand than MIT.

And there are 20+ schools in India that are in that category!

I've had good and bad experiences with "off shore" tech support. The bad
mostly relates to "communication" problems (language skills), but some of
it is that the off shore tech support sometimes doesn't seem like they do
much more than "read a script" (no "real world" product experience).

US IT corporations save a lot of money by moving tech support off shore.

regards,
ep