[vox] i will never again complain about DSL prices in davis

John McDonnell vox@lists.lugod.org
Thu, 31 Jul 2003 12:53:47 -0700 (PDT)

On the 31st day of July, Peter Jay Salzman said to me:

> but i _really_ would like to have a static IP.

I'm on Comcast here in Elk Grove[1] and I've had the same IP since I first
connected. Linux and the likes[2] can be configured to take out and ultra
long lease on the IP. I'm not sure how well this would work in NJ so, as
always, YMMV.

[1] Frontier (the telco and our only choice for DSL) sucks ass.
[2] My firewall box runs Open BSD

johnmc.
--
 . johnmc@ | microb.us  - +1-916-683-2276 (home) .