[vox] what java compiler to use?

Charles McLaughlin vox@lists.lugod.org
18 Jul 2003 14:44:25 -0700

I've noticed that there are several Java compilers and IDE's out there.
One of the reasons I use Linux is that most of the time I think that
free/open source  software makes a lot of sense.  I've used the JDK on
Windows in the past, but now that I'm more "enlightened" I am not sure
if I want to use the JDK.  I haven't read the JDK software license, but
it looks scary.  I could click "ok" and disregard it, or I could look or
a "free" Java environment.  But it looks like the "free" Java compilers
can't keep up with the JDK in terms of features and compatibility.

So... I am curious what Java compiler or IDE y'all use and if you even
care about licensing, etc.

Charles