[vox] Tools for disabled

Bill Kendrick vox@lists.lugod.org
Mon, 14 Jul 2003 13:40:26 -0700

On Mon, Jul 14, 2003 at 05:41:52PM +0530, karthikeyan.balasubramanian wrote:
> Hey i tried to dowload festival just got struck up with requirement doc
>
> http://www.cstr.ed.ac.uk/projects/festival/manual/festival_6.html#SEC13

<snip>

I can't help with this, though you may have luck finding a RedHat 9 RPM build of what you need.
(Under Debian, I just do 'apt-get install festival'; whee!)

I had a question, though...  There's a package in Debian called "konq-speaker" which provides
some simple menu options in Konqueror web browser and Kate text editor to speak a selection of
text (or an entire web page or text document) using Festival.

Is there something like this for Mozilla?  (e.g., something that, say, inserts itself into the
"Tools" menu)