[vox] Oh, happy day!

Richard Crawford vox@lists.lugod.org
Tue, 8 Jul 2003 15:12:53 -0700 (PDT)

Finally got my laptop back from Sony's Regional Repair Center.  Oh happy day!

I first took it to CompUSA in Vacaville because I've had good experiences
there before with repairs that I couldn't handle myself; the repairs were
done quickly and professionally; usually, my repairs have been handled by
a young kid (seems like he's 15 or 16, max), a Linux junkie who obviously
knows what he's doing but doesn't condescend to the customers.  This time
it took them three weeks to tell me that their supplier hadn't even
ordered the part yet.  Sheesh.

But the worst part of the CompUSA experience was when I went there to pick
up my unrepaired laptop to ship it down to San Diego.  After leaving me
standing unattended to for over five minutes while he was chatting with
another customer, the manager finally came over to me.  He was perfectly
willing to fully refund the labor fee I'd already paid.  Then he asked me
if I'd ever used their repair facilities before.

"Yes," I said, "and I've always been pleased with the results."

He must have misheard me, because he replied, "Yeah, we've had problems
with our tech people in the past."

Is it just me, or is it inappropriate for a manager to say things like
that about other employees to a customer?

Anyway... Laptop back.  Happy day.  Back to making GNOME work on it.  :-D

Sliante,
Richard S. Crawford

http://www.mossroot.com
AIM: Buffalo2K ICQ: 11646404 Y!: rscrawford
MSN: underpope@hotmail.com
invisible to the eye." --Antoine de Saint Exupéry