[vox] What makes Linux great? [Post from Michael Surkan]

Bill Kendrick vox@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 19 Dec 2003 23:31:38 -0800

Michael is in the midst of contacting multiple LUGs, so, understandably,
he's probably not going to subscribe to /every/ mailing list.

Here's the message he asked if I'd be kind enough to post.
I'd appreciate it if people would post back to VOX, as well as Cc
Michael, rather than simply e-mailing him directly.  It's always interesting
to hear other people's feelings on the subject...

--- begin ---

I am a program manager at Microsoft doing some research around how we
can improve our operating systems. My goal is to help us identify
capabilities, improvements, and features that Microsoft should be
focusing on to help our customers over the next 5 years or so.

I am particularly interested in hearing from Linux users, and get their
input about what they feel should be the priorities. In particular, I
would like to better understand what it is that makes Linux and Open
Source solutions so useful for you.

If you would be willing to take a survey I have put together, please
write me at lnq@microsoft.com.

Thanks,
Michael Surkan

-bill!