[vox] "There's so much more to open source software than just Linux"

Bill Kendrick vox@lists.lugod.org
Mon, 15 Dec 2003 16:05:31 -0800

There's so much more to open source software than just Linux
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/12/15/1071336882071.html
December 16, 2003 - smh.com.au[*]

  Most of the publicity about open source software recently has
  centred around Linux. Indeed, to many people, open source software and
  Linux are almost interchangeable terms.

  But there is much more to it than Linux. A variety of software is
  available in open source. Websites such as Sourceforge and Freshmeat
  list thousands of open source utilities and applications that anyone
  can download at no cost.
  Users can be operational within a few hours. You too could be running
  your own fully functional ERP system, on your own PC, tomorrow.

  The world, imperceptibly, is changing.

Hehe, I liked that final statement.  Boo-yah!

-bill!
[*] Stephen, I didn't know you had an Australian website ;)