[vox] Tivo question

Richard Burkhart vox@lists.lugod.org
Mon, 8 Dec 2003 17:18:29 -0800

Without the TIVO service, you have a tape-less VCR.  You have to manually
tell it "record channel 24, at 8pm to 9pm, every Wednesday for 6 weeks."
(Going off of assumptions here -- I don't have a machine yet)

With the service, you say "Record Battlestar Galactica Miniseries".  The
machine will know what channel and what times to record, and set it up for
you.

It also will remember the shows you've recorded so far and offer to record
Stargate SG1, Third Rock from the Sun, and Crossing Over with John Edwards
(because of course those are ALL related shows, and scifi geeks should enjoy
them).