[vox] WorkSpot Linux Desktop via the Web

Micah J. Cowan vox@lists.lugod.org
Thu, 4 Dec 2003 18:14:18 -0800

On Thu, Dec 04, 2003 at 11:06:34AM -0800, Edward Elliott wrote:
> Another fascinating LINUX desktop offering. I'm wondering if the more
> experienced members of our group have taken a look at this service
> and I'm interested in hearing your comments.
>
>  http://www.workspot.com/

They've been around for a few years, actually. I used to work for
them, before I was offered a job at Transmeta. At the time, they were
a terrific environment to work in, and completely without a concept of
how to make a profit. I hope they've improved since then.

Not long after I left, their web site went down to a single page
offering their address. I was happy to note that (maybe a year ago?)
their web site has been spruced back up, and some former coworkers are
still there (or back again, whichever).

I always liked the desktop thing.

--
Micah J. Cowan