[vox] Re: New virus?

Ken Bloom vox@lists.lugod.org
Wed, 20 Aug 2003 21:04:24 -0700

On 2003.08.19 18:50, Gregory Young wrote:

> On Tuesday, Aug 19, 2003, at 16:05 US/Pacific, Bill Kendrick wrote:
>
>> Based on how much this is pissing _me_ off, I cannot _imagine_ how
>> frustrated Windows users must be, what with this coming on the heels
>> of
>> the recent Blaster worm!  :^(
>>

> Forget that, the virus found a file containing most of our
> department's text pager email addresses.  We had to endure being
> paged by it every couple minutes for about 2 hours.  joy.

I just got attacked by some server that responded to "my" attack by
returning the *whole* *entire* *message*, including all 104kb of virus
inside it. Multiply that by just a few of these messages, and that's a
lot of bandwidth (that must be why this virus is called sobig)

My PGP key was last signed 6/10/2003 please download my key again if
it is more recent than your copy. If you use GPG, *please* talk to
me to sign it. The key is keyID E2B2CAD1 on pgp.mit.edu