[vox] New virus?

Mark K. Kim vox@lists.lugod.org
Tue, 19 Aug 2003 15:12:54 -0700 (PDT)

I got one e-mail like that today.  I got an e-mail claiming to be a bounce
saying the email has an executable attachment (it had a PIF file, which
you can execute under windows, and though it was named .pif it was
actually an EXE file in disguise.)

I'm sure I didn't send it for many many awfully many reasons (one being
the X-Mailer).  But all that aside, my biggest concern right now is that I
got this e-mail on my e-mail account that's never been spammed before and
the one I guard with my life.  Oh man...

-Mark