[vox] .ico file editors?

John McDonnell vox@lists.lugod.org
Wed, 20 Aug 2003 09:47:55 -0700 (PDT)

On the 19th day of August, Ken Bloom said to me:

> Could the mozilla people be convinced to accept a *standard* file
> format for this purpose? We don't need Microsoft's embrace-and-extend.

Mozilla (and the rest of the sensible browsers, I believe) will accept a
PNG as a shortcut icon. I don't know if Exploiter will accept one or not.

You need to add
 <link rel="shortcut icon" href="/images/favicon_16x16.png" />

If you have your icon stored as /images/favicon_16x16.png. It should be
16x16 px in size. I'm not 100% on whether the browser will accept anything
different.

johnmc.
--
 . johnmc@ | bucketchild.net - +1-707-237-5271 (home) .