[vox] .ico file editors?

Ken Bloom vox@lists.lugod.org
Tue, 19 Aug 2003 22:32:08 -0700

--qMm9M+Fa2AknHoGS

On 2003.08.19 18:31, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 19, 2003 at 06:29:39PM -0700, Mark K. Kim wrote:
> > Hi.  I'm trying to find a decent .ico file editor for creating
> favicon.ico
> > files.  I did find one (kiconedit) but I want something that can
> utilize
> > the full potential of .ico files.  More specifically, .ico files can
> store
> > icons of varying sizes in one file (16x16, 32x32, 64x64, etc.) and
> varying
> > colors (b&w, system colors, full colors.)  I haven't found one that
> can do
> > this for Linux, unfortunately.  If you know of one, please share.
> Thanks!
>=20
> The Gimp, of course! :^)
>=20
> I believe there's a BMPtoICO converter, or something, somewhere.
>=20
> That's how I made the LUGOD.org and NewBreedSoftware.com web icons.
>=20
> -bill!

Could the mozilla people be convinced to accept a *standard* file=20
format for this purpose? We don't need Microsoft's embrace-and-extend.

--=20
My PGP key was last signed 6/10/2003 please download my key again if
it is more recent than your copy. If you use GPG, *please* talk to
me to sign it. The key is keyID E2B2CAD1 on pgp.mit.edu
--qMm9M+Fa2AknHoGS

--qMm9M+Fa2AknHoGS--