[vox] Survey question - self-harvesting our lists for someone else?

Michael Wenk vox@lists.lugod.org
Tue, 12 Aug 2003 15:22:35 -0700

On Tuesday 12 August 2003 09:58 am, Rod Roark wrote:
> On Tuesday 12 August 2003 08:45 am, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> > >
> > > Maybe this is a good time to publish a privacy policy for
> > > the mailing and membership lists.  :-)
> >
> > Yeeeah....  That thought had crossed my mind.  I wonder what's the best
> > way to go about this...
>
> My suggestion: make up a brief Privacy Policy page, link to
> it from the "About Us" section of the main page, and from
> somewhere in the Mailing Lists page.

What I would probably do is issue a call for volunteers, let them get together
and hammer out a privacy policy.  And then have the membership as a whole
approve(or not) it.  That way you let the people that truly care about the
issue have a go at it.

Mike

--
wenk@praxis.homedns.org