[vox] linker problems.

Ken Herron vox@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 18 Apr 2003 18:02:32 -0700

--On Friday, April 18, 2003 16:17:02 -0700 kulkarni veena
<veenacsus@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to install Apache 2.0.45 on solaris machine
> and I get errors during configuration . the errors are
> :
>
> ld:fatal: symbol referencing errors

That's the last line of a multi-line error message. It's impossible to
say what's wrong without the rest of the message.  Find the last
invocation of gcc before you received this error, then provide the text
of the gcc command and everything following that. If you do this, someone
might be able to help you.

> The liner on my machine it says is: Solaris Link
> Editors:5.9-1.3.43

I doubt there's anything wrong with your "ld" program. Most likely the
software package you're trying to build was configured incorrectly for
the system you're trying to build it on.

--
Kenneth Herron  Kherron@newsguy.com     916-366-7338