[vox] Jack Messman puts Linux in Netware's migration path...

Mike Simons vox@lists.lugod.org
Thu, 17 Apr 2003 13:29:15 -0400

--JWEK1jqKZ6MHAcjA

On Thu, Apr 17, 2003 at 09:52:27AM -0700, R. Douglas Barbieri wrote:
> "Novell adopts Linux as NetWare migration path":
> http://tinyurl.com/9quq

# "We are not dropping NetWare; we are adding Linux. This is not a
# departure from NetWare," said Jack Messman, Novell's chairman and CEO.
# "We will not abandon you, and you need not abandon us," Messman told the
# Novell faithful in his keynote speech.

  This is a clear sign NetWare is dead.  When high-ups need to waste
breath saying they are not going to end-of-life something the plans
are already made to do it.

  I will be amazed if NetWare is still being developed in 5 years.
(OpenNetWare possibly, but not a close product).

    TTFN,
      Mike

ps:
  this post is entirely personal opinion... with the exception of the
two quotes.

--=20

--JWEK1jqKZ6MHAcjA

--JWEK1jqKZ6MHAcjA--